Thursday, January 7, 2010

Frugal Tip: Make Brownie Bites at Home

My family loves brownie bites! For some reason I enjoy these so much more than brownies made in a 9 x 13 pan. I was first introduced to them years ago when purchasing a container of them in the bakery department of my local grocery store. The container contained only sixteen brownie bites and was priced at $4.49. A little high for something I could eat by myself in one sitting. lol :)

I'm much more frugal now and simply refuse to pay such a steep price. So, I've been making my own brownie bites at home. All you need is a mini muffin pan and box of brownie mix. Prepare the brownie mix as directed on the package and fill each muffin cup up with batter. I find it is best to grease the muffin cups to avoid the brownies sticking to the pan.

I
am able to get approximately 30 brownie bites from one box. I've been using up the brownie mixes that I purchased HERE for .50 cents. For my investment of .50 cents, I am able to get twice as many brownie bites for a fraction of the cost.

This post is being linked to Thrifty Thursday at Coupon Teacher.

5 comments:

Coupon Teacher said...

This is a great idea. It would be a good way to limit yourself from eating too much too! Thanks for linking up Sara!

Staci said...

yummy yummy!

Melissa said...

I love, love, love those brownies and this is such an awesome idea, especially since I can get brownie mixes for .20 at my grocery store this week!

I'd love to see you link this post up to my blog, too so my readers can check it out. The link is here:
http://melziemomsbargains.blogspot.com/2010/01/thrifty-thursday-start-change-jar.html

Anonymous said...

yummy! we love those. I used to make little muffin bites like that, too. They were delish.

Glad to see you back posting - hope you had a great holiday season!

alice

Anonymous said...

Love your brownie bites!! I need to get myself one of those small muffin pans!! Thanks for the coupon too!!